Allah created the Angels or Malaikat from light. Prophet Muhammad SAW (peace be upon him) said "Allah created The Angels from light, created the Jinn from fire, and created Adam from something which is characterized to you" (Hadith Muslim). Allah explained about Angels in The Holly Koran, as follows :
- The Angels were made to obey Allah and never disobey Him, as His word in Surah At-Tahrim, verse 6 : "O you who believe! ward of from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the commands they receive from Allah, but do that which they are commanded"
- They don't eat and drink, their food is nothing but Tasbih and Tahmid utterances. As Allah said in Surah Al-Anbiyaa', verse 20 : "They (i.e. the angels) glorify his praises night and day, and (they) never slacken (to do so)".
- The Angels bear witness about Oneness of God. Allah said "Allâh bears witness that Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the Right to be worshipped but He), and the angels, and those having knowledge (also give This witness); (He is always) maintaining his creation In justice. Lâ Ilâh illa Huwa (none has the Right to be worshipped but He), the All-Mighty, the All-Wise". (Surah Ali Imran, verse 18)
- Allah has chosen some angels to be messengers of His, as He chose some men to be his messengers. As Allah said "Allâh chooses Messengers from angels and from men. Verily, Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Seer". (Al-Hajj, verse 75)
- There is an angel whose duty is to convey the revelation to prophet Muhammad SAW (prophets). as Allah said "which the trustworthy Rûh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] has brought down;". (Surah Asy-Syu'araa', verse 193)
- There are angels whose duty is to record all deeds of Adam's Children (Human). Allah said "(Remember!) that the two receivers (recording angels) receive (each human being after He or she has attained the age of puberty), one sitting on the Right and one on the left (to note his or her actions), not a word does He (or she) utter, but there is a watcher by Him ready (to record it)". (Surah Qaf, verse 17-18)
- There are also the angels whose duty is to take a life (make someone die) of Believers. Allah said "Those whose lives the angels take while they are In a pious state (i.e. pure from All evil, and worshipping none but Allâh Alone) saying (to them): Salâmun 'Alaikum (peace be on you) enter You Paradise, because of (the good) which You used to do (in the world)". (Surah An-Nahl, verse 32)
- There are also the angels whose duty is to guard the gates of Heaven and serve its residents. As Allah said "Adn (Eden) Paradise (everlasting Gardens), which they shall enter and (also) those who acted righteously from among their fathers, and their wives, and their offspring. and angels shall enter unto them from Every gate (saying); Salâmun 'Alaikum (peace be upon you) for that You persevered In patience! excellent indeed is the final home!". (Ar-Ra'd, verse 23-24)
- There are also the angels whose duty is to keep the hell. As Allah said "O You who believe! ward off from yourselves and Your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the commands they receive from Allâh, but do that which they are commanded". (Surah At-Tahrim, verse 6)